A little change from the norm, here is the recipe for a bacon easter egg which recently went viral and presumably goes viral this time every year since its fabrication 4 years ago in 2012 by food bloggers Atomic Shrimp.
Here is how you make your own Bacon Easter Egg:
- First, make a weave out of bacon strips, layering bacon strips in a diagonal fashion, and weaving another bacon strip under and over the opposite bacon strips, too many bacon strips in one sentence, sorry guys.
- Make a dome shape from an oval baking bowl using foil.
- Tie up the bacon weave to the bowl and bake at 170c for 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Trim the edges and repeat the process to make the other half of the egg
- You can fill the egg with all kinds of savoury treats and serve for a great Easter breakfast.
The one below was posted up on The Fry Up Police's Facebook page do you think you could do any better?